I don’t know if it’s the lovely weather we’ve been having lately, but I’ve seen a few posts from bloggers listing what makes them happy and I think it’s great! I read some of them and think ‘oh my god, me too!’ So I decided to reflect on all the things that make me happy. And yes, the obvious things like my family, friends and boyfriend are way up there but I wanted to specifically pick things that I probably take for granted and don’t even notice how happy they make me feel! I’ll need to note down all the little things that make me happy during summer and write that list since I’m sure there’s plenty, but for now, here’s 15 things that make me happy :)
- when the elevator is not only already waiting for you, but also goes straight to your floor!
- actually knowing the artist and (bonus) lyrics to songs that are played in clubs (I’m still stuck in 2006)
- when I’m trying to take a quick pic and my phone camera opens facing the correct way :D
- fresh bed sheets and jammies AT THE SAME TIME!
- when my neighbour Bob brings round his famous steak pies just as I’m getting hungry :)
- finding money unexpectedly in my coat pocket – even better if it’s enough to treat myself to a takeaway!
- when I get to see a woman I’ve cared for antenatally, with her baby :)
- Bandit – even though he’s my little bro, he’s different to family and friends
- when payday rolls around sooner than expected (mo’ money mo’ problems)
- the first bite from a KFC when I haven’t had one in, like, forever. Salsa Toasted Twister all the way baby!!
- when you order a small (because it’s cheaper) and they give you a large (woooooo!)
- when my food delivery man brings it to the kitchen for me because we’re best buds now :)
- the smell of freshly cut grass
- the fresh feeling in the air after it’s rained
- having enough days off that I can paint my nails and get some good time with them
So that is my list. Small but it’s easy to not notice the little things in life that make us happy.
See my list of 15 Things That Annoy Me :)
Feel free to comment what makes you happy now that we’re getting closer to summer :)