There are many interesting (read: weird, goofy or strange) little facts about me as I’m sure there are about everyone. I don’t think people really think about the little things and how every little detail makes up our personality and becomes part of us. I thought I’d share with you, 20 facts about me and I hope you like it!
- I have an insane fear of clowns. I wrote a whole post about IT because it really affects me.
- My favourite animals are Blue Whales (sea) and Africa Elephants (land), because they’re beautiful creatures.
- I am mixed race – my mummy West-Indian and my daddy is a Scottish red head. My olive skin often looks jaundice in photos bleurgh.
- I have a thing for even numbers. I will eat an even number of food and I tend to do things an even number of times. It plays on my mind constantly if I don’t do it and I dunno, I just feel like even numbers are couples, together. Unlike odd numbers which are lonely and I don’t want to make anything lonely (I realise how insane that sounds but that is the simplest way to describe it.)
- I have never broken a bone and I’m proud of that because I have done some stupid sh*t in my short life and I’ve never had any serious injuries. Yay for calcium.
- I’ve also never had a bleeding nose. And I’ve been in a fair few fights when I was younger. No, I wasn’t a thug or a ‘ruffian (?)’, I just somehow always ended up in fights with drunken idiots.
- I used to have two Russian dwarf hamsters named Charlie (boy) and Terri (girl). Terri was super active and energetic, constantly on the go, whereas Charlie would just run to a corner in his ball and sit and eat his munchies he’d saved up lol.
- I love cartoons. Adult or kids. I find cartoons are great background noise for when I’m busy or even just to fall asleep listening to. I watch Cartoon Network and Adult Swim a lot.
- I am a sock hoarder. I have a huge box filled with unworn socks that I bought purely because they were pretty and I have never worn them, purely because they’re too pretty and my fat feet wouldn’t do them justice. I fold them up all neat and place them in the ‘sock box’ never to be worn.
- Cows are creepy af and I do not like them. That blank stare and those empty eyes just stealing your soul. No thanks. Hate them. They’re the worst part about living in the country.
- I’m incredibly protective of my family. I know everyone says they are but I have actual plans made in the event that anything should happen to my family. No one is murdering them and getting away with it (even though we live in a tiny village with mostly old people…)
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in Midwifery. I graduated in December.
- I learn languages pretty quick. Not like superhuman quick but I pick up things easily from conversation and context. French is the only subject I got consistent A’s/90+% in at school and I learned basic German watching German tv with English subtitles. Enough to talk with an old German couple about our holiday so… yeah #skillz
- I won the spelling bee at my primary school and my winning word was ‘frustration’.
- I make food decisions based on a strange subconscious algorithm where I find something better than the other. ie at dinner, I’ll take whatever plate looks ‘better’ to me, even though they’re all *the same* (except they’re not the same in my head).
- I’m from a close-nit family. We share everything and argue a lot, but we love each other no matter what (that rhymes and it was totally unintentional *fist bump*).
- I practically live in pyjamas. I have a set for all occasions – Christmas, Halloween, business meeting? Pyjama suit. I freaking love pyjamas.
- I used to play the violin but gave up because I forgot to practice and my instructor was mean and I didn’t want to get told off. I expected my mum to end it for me but she made me do it and I got told off anyway.
- I love chicken. My favourite meal is a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings. On a girls holiday in Kavos, my friend Sarah came back with KFC (Kavos Fried Chicken smh) and it woke drunken me up and I scoffed the lot. Chicken is my jam, except it’s chicken.
- I use crystals to help with depression. I use them in a variety of ways to balance me out and I know that sounds weird but out of all the things I’ve tried, crystals have made the biggest difference to my mental health.
There you go, 20 facts about me. I hope you found this entertaining because I know how strange and funny some of those sound. Laugh away! I know I’m weird :) What’s a strange fact about you? Let me know in the comments.